Saturday, September 10, 2011

Here we go

First Blog. This week I had set goals on how many scarves I should make. I think I reached it. For some reason I signed up for 10 craft fairs....... and no, I have never even BEEN to a craft fair! I don't quite know what I am getting myself into but I am obviously jumping in full force.

As a bit of background, I am a mom to an almost two year old and wife to a resident physician. I have a full time job in the nursing industry which is rather demanding. And yet somehow I stumbled across my new love, tshirt scarves. I saw one recently at the salon I go to. It was over $50! As I studied the scarf, I realized what it was made out of, tshirts. My mind then started spinning; how was this done? Do I have tshirts I want to get rid of? and so on and so on. And here I am, over 200 and some scarves deep, a facebook page with 500+ likes and an etsy account. All the while I really have no clue what I am doing as of yet. I just enjoy doing it. I can't squeeze in a stinking jog, but I have squeezed this in to every nook and cranny!

I will be sending off my scarves to two pumpkin patches on Monday! I have over 40 scarves boxed up so I am hopeful they will sell. Today I created a multitude of scarves: The Hawkeye (gold and black), The Cyclone (Gold and Red), Tie Dye (wide variety of color combinations), and a couple of color combos for local high schools where I will be doing the craft fairs.

So folks, join me on my adventure of twists and turns, and a whole lot of cotton Ts!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds a bit like how I got into beadweaving. My youngest was about 2 years old, I was the breadwinner and a full time engineer. What do I do? Start beading :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have found blogging to be an adventure. Enjoy the journey!

    ReplyDelete